Choosing Freedom: Women in Recovery Support Group
Have you recently been discharged from an inpatient/residential or partial hospitalization/Intensive outpatient program in the community and are looking for ways to continue supporting your recovery and transition back into your life?
Whether you’ve chosen the path of recovery and it’s been 1 month, 12 months, several years or two weeks the journey of a lasting recovery is one about staying connected with yourself and others.
This group is about helping you stay connected to the skills, awareness, and commitment that are necessary for your recovery journey.
While everyone’s journey to recovery is unique and different and yet there are some themes we all seem to find challenging along the road. Differences are welcomed. The important thing is that you are on the journey and you are doing recovery in a way that makes sense for you and your life.
What you can expect to learn from this group:
- Building a sustainable self-care routine
- Addressing fears around change and maintaining change and the process of letting go of the past (people/things/behaviors/thoughts)
- Learning how to engage mindfully in relationships
- Building acceptance around you and your recovery needs
- Identifying triggers and learning how to navigate challenging situations successfully
- Practicing how to effectively ask for your needs and wants in your interpersonal relationships
- Managing your emotions and thoughts in productive, self-affirming ways
- Increasing confidence in your new journey
- Have a space to share your experience with other women in a safe, nurturing, and nonjudgmental environment so that you can continue feeling empowered with your commitment to you and your recovery
Additional Group Details:
- This group runs year round.
- A closed group means once the group starts, no new members can enter until the next cycle.
- Group sessions are 1.5 hours and run on weekday evenings from 6:30-8:00 pm or Saturdays 10:00-11:30 am.
- Groups size ranges between 3-6 group members.
- Fees: $40/session
- Group requires pre-screening and registration.
- Group is located at 950 Wadsworth Blvd, Suite 202 Lakewood, CO 80214.
- Call 303-800-3259 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.